Thursday, February 15, 2007

Don't Sell Cocaine to Children

I want to make a conclusively enormous statement about my rather pathetic career as a political science major, since it is nearing its end. I am no longer a Democrat, Republican, Communist.. I'm more in the Tupac school of "I just don't give a fuck".

This was an analogy I had while to talking to two of my friends, for the purposes of this blog they will be called Cool Hat and John Fedayi. Anyway Cool Hat was cramming for a test on Political Theory and John Fedayi started talking about how it was all bullshit. They reminded me of a scene from The Godfather the book, which is slightly different than how the seen is in the film. Its the meeting between all the Dons where Don Carleone is about to announce that he will begin selling cocaine, a practice he had not condoned in the past. Anyway they step up to have this meeting and one of the Dons says "We won't sell to the Children", but Puzo comments over that in the book. He notes the statement, is pretty much bullshit, because no child had money to by cocaine, it was just something that was said to bring some sense of decency to a vicuous circle of Dons. Thats what Political Science students do, just run around saying "We won't sell to the Children".

No comments: