Friday, February 16, 2007

Rudy Giuliani is a Juggernaut

Wow, this shouldn't have been a shocker, but it definently hit hard when I watched Larry King the other night, Rudy Giuliani is amazing. I can't tell you how personable, analytical and decisive he appears to be, he is the most skilled politician the Republicans have had since Reagan. So he's got a strong chance to take New York, and even if Hillary runs, if he takes that state Democrats might as well not even show up to the polls. He's a positioning genius, on the war he's taking the best stance seemingly possibly he's pushing the "I agree with the president's decision, in retrospect I would have done it differently, but we as a nation need to learn from this..." angle, that will definently trump the Hillary/Kerry "I am a better military commander/new leadership, but we're not outright against the war especially since we voted for it" stance that is popular among Democrats. So what do we have with Giuliani, he's much more likeable than Bush, he's a national hero, he's charming, he's left a little on social issues so he can clean up on some fringe Democrats, plus he might take New York. It is really hard to imagine a way where the Democrats can move right enough to pick up votes, I don't care about politics, but I really can't say for certain that he is beatable.

No comments: