Thursday, February 22, 2007

Whatever Happened to "If it bleeds it leads"?


You know that whole Death of a Salesman, average man is important idea, its bullshit. People don't give a fuck about the average man. People would rather know the psi of Anna Nicole Smith's rigor mortis, than a car bomb killing lets say ummm 61 people or so. There should not be political debate and news shows dedicated to this woman/bitch; can we have news on our news channels back. I don't mean like "real journalism", fuck that's not going to happen, but can the motherfuckers over at Fox or CNN give me something that looks like real news. And Im not going to quote Ed Murrow, like he was some shit, because I sure don't know about that. Hell, the best journalism I've ever read was the 18th Brumaire by Marx, so Im about a 150 years seperated from what I consider my personal best experience with news. I remember back in the day people would complain about "It bleeds it leads", I think people are going to be sucking dick for "it bleads it leads" pretty soon. It bleeds it leads is hitting nostalgia for me, god damn, this war is being reported like North Korea. You got people getting killed/murdered/sacrificed/liberated at an astonishing rate in Iraq, Im assuming there some bleeding there that could do some fuckin leading.

So new news hierarchy
1. Motherfuckers get shot, we are sad
2. Politicians make plans for people to get shot
3. People doing something good,
4. Sports, and those cute stories about cheese wheels and shit at the end of the program

No comments: